Think of Lent as a “spring cleaning” for your life! You could give up a bad habit like smoking or do without a luxury like eating out or that daily cup of Starbuck’s.
If you need a little inspiration, The Budget Diet girl has come up with 10 things to give up for Lent that will bring you back to the simple life and save you a little money too!
- Go vegetarian for Lent! The Budget Diet girl is a vegetarian, and my meat-free recipes are frugalicious and family friendly…no funky ingredients like tofu or sprouts!
- Give up fast food and try The Budget Diet’s recipes to make your own fast food! Why don’t you use the money you save to donate to a local food bank?
- Take 6 weeks off from facebook – suggest this one to your teens!
- Bye bye Starbucks! You really can make it yourself, and you’ll love my quick and easy copycat recipe for Starbuck’s Skinny Iced Latte.
- Eat in, not out for lunch! Check out 5 Ways to Ditch the Drive Thru!
- Declare an electronic free hour each day…no TV, computer, cell phone…just time with family!
- Get serious about recycling! Take care of God’s Earth!
- Walk or ride your bike instead of driving at least once a week. Could you walk or ride bikes with your children to school – you’ll get a little exercise & save a lot of gas!
- How about an alcohol free Lent?
- 6 weeks without TV? Spend free time playing games and reading together as a family!
What are you giving up for Lent? Please leave a comment to share!
Image courtesy of: bela_kiefer / FreeDigitalPhotos.net