This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Nature’s Care for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
Growing up, we always had a huge vegetable garden in the summer. I have fond memories of enjoying sweet corn fresh from the garden, and not so fond memories of helping my mother weed the garden.
Today, I’m an urban-dweller with not a single blade of grass in the backyard…just a beautiful pool! My “garden” has been limited to a single terra-cotta pot with one lonely basil plant.
This morning, I was reading an article about creative container gardening, and I had one of those “light-bulb” moments! Why do I have to limit my garden to just one container? I don’t. Suddenly, I had visions of basil, rosemary and cilantro growing. I began craving my homemade black bean salsa with cilantro fresh from my container garden. Yes…I’m inspired to plant my organic herb container garden.
- Herb Plants – basil, rosemary and cilantro (I cook with these herbs regularly, so growing my own will be a money-saver).
- Nature’s Care Potting Soil – according to my mom, every good garden starts with good soil.
- Nature’s Care Plant Food – it’s easy to have a green thumb because these products are designed for simple gardening, and if pests venture into my garden…Nature’s Care has an entire line products designed to be used in organic, edible gardens. Their website is full of tips for edible gardening!
Enjoy my favorite Black Bean Salsa recipe with your fresh cilantro and maybe even fresh from the garden corn if your yard is big enough!
Black Bean Salsa Recipe
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- kernels from 3 ears of corn, cooked
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, diced
- Stir together all ingredients except avocados.
- Just before serving, stir in avocados.
- Serve with tortilla chips.