Summer Lovin’ Rice and Fruit Salad
A refreshing and energy-boosting salad that fills up your summer. This meal surprises you with various flavors it provides and it take about 5-10 minutes to cook. My family prefers this during breakfast because of the amount of calories you get which is essential to keep you going until the end of the day. You won’t need to put it in a refrigerator or reheat it.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 3 -4
- 2 cups of cooked long grain rice
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon of vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of chopped shallots
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 cup of chopped fresh peach
- ¾ cup of fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup of fresh strawberries
- 3 Tablespoons of toasted almonds
Heat the saucepan, put almonds and toss it until it gets brown.
Put the juice, shallots, vinegar, salt, oil and pepper. Stir them together.
Add the peach, berries and cooked rice. Add more almonds. Then, whisk gently.