Easy Chicken Enchiladas
- 3 frozen chicken breasts or 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup of picante sauce
- 3 cups mexican cheese blend shredded
- 1, 15 oz. can of red enchilada sauce
- 12 fajita size flour tortillas or white corn tortillas
- optional: green onions and sliced black olives for garnish
Cook chicken in a crock pot* and shred OR shred a rotisserie chicken.
Mix together shredded chicken, sour cream, cream cheese, picante sauce and 1 cup of cheese.
Pour half of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
Put about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of a tortilla, roll and place seam side down in the pan. Continue rolling the enchiladas and place closely to each other to fill the pan. If you're using corn tortillas, you'll need to warm them to make them pliable...wrap 4 tortillas at a time in damp paper towels and microwave 1 minute.
Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and 2 cups of cheese.
Bake uncovered at 350 for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
When serving, top with sliced green onions and sliced black olives if desired.
*Prepare perfectly shredded chicken by putting frozen chicken breasts in your crock pot with 1/2 cup water on low for about 6 hours and then use 2 forks to shred.