There’s not much time left to secure the perfect mother’s day gift. And although most moms will appreciate anything that shows you care, I think it’s very important to go a little above and beyond for this holiday. Treat your mom, wife, sister, daughter, or friend to a special gift, a little pampering, and a day dedicated to showering her with appreciation. Here are six Mother’s Day gift ideas that any special lady in your life will love!
- Unless you’re pretty positive you know her clothing sizes, I recommend sticking with one-size-fits-all accessories — like this cute floppy sun hat. As we head into May, this is the perfect time of year to treat your mom to a cute hat that she can wear to the pool, beach, or even the backyard. This hat is great for a sunny vacation and she can wear it with anything from a sundress to shorts and a top.
- Scarves tend to be my go-to gift. With so many prints, colors, and styles available, there’s a scarf for everyone. For Mother’s Day, get your mom a lightweight scarf that she can wear throughout summer. Look at ones in her favorite color or print. Popular prints for this spring include polka dots, stripes, floral, animal print, and tribal.
- I think candles are really nice gifts, as long as you get a pretty candle that complements your mom’s taste and style. I just purchased the candle above from Anthropologie, and I can’t get enough of it. The scent is lovely, it comes in several different containers to match your style and price point, and it’s a soy blend that burns slowly.
- Many get their moms flowers for Mother’s Day, whether it’s a bouquet of roses or a flat of flowers for the garden. This year, why not treat your mom to a succulent terrarium? Succulent terrariums are the trend in houseplants right now because they look great and they’re so easy to care for. You could order one, make it yourself, or you could even take your mom to a terrarium bar to make one together! Call around to local garden stores to see which ones sell terrarium supplies. This doesn’t have to be an expensive gift — even the cheapest glass jar can be made into a beautiful terrarium.
- Jewelry is a classic Mother’s Day gift. Popular choices are birthstone jewelry with a stone for each child, as well as any heart pendants. I think the Kate Spade “Mom always said bangle” above is so cute! It’s a simple gold (also comes in silver) bangle that says, “have courage, don’t forget to floss, wear sunscreen, eat your vegetables.” All words of wisdom every mother tries to impart on her children!
- Is your mom hard working and self sacrificing? Then give her the ultimate relaxation — a spa treatment! You could get her a gift certificate to a local spa for a pedicure or a massage. Or, you can get her an at-home treatment, like the hot salt scrub above. This scrub will exfoliate skin, leaving it baby soft. Plus, it smells amazing!
Do you have any Mother’s Day gift ideas to share?
written by: Sarah Heckle
Author bio: Sarah Heckle is a writer who loves fashion. She loves to shop, blog, and hang out with her husband and friends!
Leave a Reply