Crock Pot Pork Carnitas Tacos
- 1, 15 oz. can enchilada sauce divided
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 lb. pork shoulder
- 1 packet taco seasoning or 2 tablespoons of The Budget Diet's Homemade Taco Seasoning go to recipes at the top of this page
- flour tortillas or white corn tortillas
Pour half of the enchilada sauce in the crock pot.
Mix in the green bell pepper, onion and cilantro.
Lay the pork should on top of the sauce mixture.
Sprinkle the pork with the taco seasoning.
Cook on low 6 - 8 hours or until the meat shreds easily with the back of a spoon.
Shred meat using the back of a spoon.
Add the remaining enchilada sauce and set crock pot to "warm" until ready to serve.
Heat tortillas and fill with pork carnitas.
Serve with Southwest Salad – Southwest Salad Recipe