Family dinner, it’s a challenge for moms night after night.
Twelve years ago, when I decided to become a stay at home mom, I felt like my “job description” included cooking…real cooking, not just microwaving some frozen meal.
What’s for dinner? It’s a question that’s asked each day in homes everywhere, and it’s a challenge to keep dinner healthy, fresh & different.
If you’re looking for new family dinner ideas…read on!
Let your family enjoy an international dinner and travel the world at your table. It’s a combination of dinner, family fun & learning!
- Choose one night each month to be international dinner night.
- Let your children pick a country they would like to learn more about.
- Before you can travel the world, a trip to your local library or a web search is required.
- Check out a couple of books about the country and make sure they include a few easy recipes…stick to the children’s section!
- Plan the menu and let your children help with cooking.
- If you live in a large city, include a field trip to an ethnic grocery store to purchase the ingredients.
- Dinner conversation? Let your children see if they can “stump” you with trivia questions about the chosen country! It’s family fun at its finest!
- Need an after dinner activity for family fun? Play a game from your chosen country!
- If you’re worried that your children are way too picky to try an international dinner, how about trying recipes from different parts of the United States? Tex-Mex, North Carolina BBQ or New England Clam Chowder?
Let me know where your family “traveled” for dinner this month!
In full disclosure, this post contains affiliate links to help support The Budget Diet girl! Thanks!