Black Bean Salsa Recipe
- 2 cans black beans rinsed and drained
- kernels from 3 ears of corn cooked*
- 4 roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeños seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados diced
Stir together all ingredients except avocados.
Chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
Just before serving, stir in avocados.
Serve with tortilla chips or as a side salad.
*The Budget Diet's easy was to cook corn - place the entire ear of corn (yes, the husk too!) in the microwave. Cook on high 2 minutes for 1 ear, 3 minutes for 2 ears. Let cool until it's easy to handle, and the husk with come right off. Of course, microwave cooking times do vary, so please make a note of how long corn takes in your microwave.