Almond Sponge Cake
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute divided
- 10 egg whites at room temperature
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Mix the flour and ¼ of sugar in a large mixing bowl.
Add the egg whites into the mixing bowl as well as cream of tartar. Whisk with electric mixer.
Add ¼ of the remaining sugar and continue to whisk for about 1 minute. Pour the rest of the sugar and whisk again for one minute.
Mix the vanilla extract and almond. Blend the egg mixture and flour mixture using spatula.
Turn the oven to 350 degrees and let it heat up. Put mixture into the cake pan.
Let it bake for 45 minutes or up until the cake quickly recovers when touched.
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Sodium: 78
- Protein: 3