Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
When strawberries are in season, this Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe is a must! If you're looking for a frugal family activity, go strawberry picking and make this Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe with your bounty. Looks great and tastes even better!
- 1, 9" deep dish pie shell, baked
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 small box strawberry jello
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bake pie crust according to package instructions, let cool.
- Slice strawberries and fill the cooked pie crust.
- In a small saucepan, mix cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Add sugar and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until the mixture becomes thick and clear (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in the box of jello.
- Pour mixture over sliced strawberries in pie shell.
- Refrigerate until set (about 2 hours).
- Beat heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over set pie and enjoy.