The Budget Diet girl is here to help you start the school year right…just follow your free personal organizer for August.
Free Personal Organizer – August
Check Your Calendar
- Any birthdays or anniversaries to shop for this month?
- Do you know your state’s tax free weekend dates? Here’s a complete list of tax free weekends listed by state.
- Is it time to schedule your child’s back-to-school physical?
Be Prepared for Back to School Shopping
- Have a “fashion show” where your child “models” last year’s school clothes, and you make a list of needs.
- Take inventory of last year’s school supplies and make your shopping list…everything does not have to be brand new! Turn it into a game to see how many used school supplies they can find around the house!
- Buy Discounted Gift Cards For Up To 30% Off at Cardpool.com! You’ll save money at stores like Old Navy, American Eagle, GAP Kids, Kohl’s, JC Penny, Office Depot and more!
- Buy a Sunday paper, study the ads and plan your shopping trip. (using your discounted gift cards, of course!)
- If you’re shopping online, start your shopping trip at Ebates.com- you’ll earn cash back for your purchases and discover money saving coupon codes. By the way, if you buy your school uniforms at Lands End, Ebates will pay you 6% cash back! There are cash back deals at over 1500 stores!
There really is a best time to buy everything, and thanks to my friends at FreeShipping.org for this month’s list.
- flip flops
- garden plants and flowers
- lawn mowers
- school supplies
- swing sets
- produce: cucumbers, corn, eggplant, tomatoes, summer squash, green beans, strawberries, cantaloupe, lettuce, watermelon, peaches, apricots, plums, raspberries and nectarines
If you need lists to help you put your world in order, List Plan It has hundreds of printable lists. This month you might want to take advantage of the car pool sign-up list, school lunch planner and back to school planner.
Here’s to you being the most organized money saving mom this school year!
In full disclosure, this post contains affiliate links to help support The Budget Diet girl! My advice will always be unbiased and free, but free won’t pay the bills! Thanks!