Crunchy Tofu Tacos for a Healthy Snack
Yes, tofu is bland but when mixed with other ingredients, it becomes a great replacement for meat. Tofu taco is the perfect meal for veggie-lovers out there. It is also a great snack for children. I love making this recipe because it is not only easy but you can experiment and add some ingredients for a one-of-a-kind flavor.
- 1 lb. extra firm tofu
- 1 package McCormick original taco seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- 12 crunchy corn taco shells
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese
- ½ small head lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- Slice the tofu into pieces. However if you purchased cubed tofu, then skip this step.
- Heat the tofu in a skillet in medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Put water and taco seasoning. Wait until it boils.
- While it boils, toss the mixture until all the water is gone.
- While waiting for the water to reduce, heat your oven to 200 degrees. Place the taco shells in wire oven rack and heat them for 5 minutes.
- Slice the lettuce, onion and tomatoes while waiting.
- Get the tofu and assemble it on the taco shells along with the veggies. You can topped it off with slices of avocado.