Summer is an excellent time to try out these nine different salad recipes. They are tasty, quick-to-make and help you beat the heat. You and your family will absolutely enjoy these salads that you can also enjoy any time of the year.
1. Mix chopped pecans, strawberry gelatin, water and whole cranberry sauce and you will create a mouth-watering Strawberry/Cranberry Salad. Make lettuce leaves as its plates and finish it off with blend of sugar, sour cream, lemon juice and cream cheese.
2. Prepare any flavored gelatin and mix it with cream or cottage cheese, yogurt, canned or fresh fruits and finally ice cubes. Let it chill and put whipped cream on top.
3. Instead of water, you can use Apple Cider to create delicious gelatin salads. You can also use unflavored gelatin and blend it with walnuts, celery and apples. To spice it up, you can add ground cloves, sugar and lemon. Finish it off with blend of mayonnaise and sour cream and a dash of cinnamon.
4. Peaches are considered an ideal summer fruit. Mix the sliced pears and peaches with plain or flavored yogurt, your favorite nuts and honey.
5. Apple is an all-season fruit. Slice the apple, shred carrots, put a few raisins and nuts of your choice. Add mayonnaise. Enjoy!
6. Get a seasonal fruit, slice it small portions and mix them in a bowl. You can have pineapple, pears, bananas, raspberries or blueberries.
7. Lay fresh lettuce and roasted or grilled vegetables on it. You can have onions, peppers, zucchini, asparagus or any vegetable of your choice.
8. Are you a fan of Mexican food? Create Mexican salad with the use of cilantro, black beans, tomatoes, lettuce and corn. You may add sliced salsa or avocado.
9. Three-bean salad is famous among food lovers. The ingredients include kidney, rosemary, parsley and canned cannellini. Use olive oil, salt, pepper and apple cider for the dressing.
You can find the complete recipes on cooking magazines, cookbooks and of course, Web. Have fun creating your own salad. You might create your own recipe for a new taste.