The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 2/3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 sticks butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips the original recipe calls for 1 1/4 lbs., so I did the conversion for you!
- 1 cup caramel bit optional, but amazing!
Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
Using a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes.
Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Stir in the vanilla.
Reduce speed to low , add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
Stir in chocolate chips and caramel bits, if desired.
Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap, and press the plastic wrap against the dough.
Refrigerate for 24 - 36 hours. Note: Dough may be used in batches and can be refrigerated up to 72 hours.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Scoop golf ball size mounds of dough onto baking sheet...these are BIG cookies!
Bake until light golden brown but still soft...18 - 20 minutes.
Let cool on pan placed on a wire rack for 10 minutes, and then transfer cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
If you love the taste of a warm chocolate chip cookie, try microwaving a cookie for about 10 seconds. Every microwave is different, so you may have to experiment!