It’s Friday, another meat free day on this journey we call Lent! This week’s recipe for Lent is Spinach Manicotti an Italian meal full of protein, veggies and dairy – what more could you want? Your Lenten journey is almost over, and if you gave up meat for Lent, I hope you discovered a few new recipes along the way!
Spinach Manicotti Recipe
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1, 16 oz. cottage cheese fat free works fine!
- 3 oz. cream cheese light works fine!
- 1, 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 14 manicotti shells uncooked
- 1, 26 oz. jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
Preheat oven to 375.
Lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan.
Pour half of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
Combine 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, cream cheese, spinach, oregano, salt and pepper.
Spoon mixture into each manicotti.
Arrange the manicotti in a single layer over the sauce.
Dilute the remaining sauce with 1 cup of water and pour over the manicotti.
Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
Cover tightly with foil and bake at 375 for 1 hour.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.