Garden Fresh Five Cheese Ziti…. Sounds fancy doesn’t it?
Looks impressive, don’t you think?
Confession time…I cheated and didn’t make it from scratch.
If you’re a regular reader of The Budget Diet, you know I’m constantly creating frugalicious and fast recipes, so you’ll have no excuses for eating out. Garden Fresh Five Cheese Ziti is about as easy at it gets because you start with a frozen dinner, and you make it by adding a few ingredients. Don’t worry, Michelina’s Frozen Dinners cost less than $1 at Walmart!
Garden Fresh Five Cheese Ziti Recipe (single serving)
- 1 Michelina’s Five Cheese Ziti Frozen Dinner
- 1/2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 small yellow squash, sliced
- fresh basil, chopped
- shredded Mozzarella cheese or Parmesan cheese
- Cook the Five Cheese Ziti according to package directions.
- Place the zucchini and yellow squash in a microwave safe bowl, add 1 teaspoon of water, cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir zucchini and yellow squash into the Five Cheese Ziti and serve.
- Garnish with basil and your choice of cheese.
- Cook Time: less than 10 minutes!
Need more inspiration to Make It Your Michelina’s? How about Lettuce Wraps that start with Michelina’s Frozen Chicken Fried Rice or Taco Bowls using Frozen Rice and Beans. Get creative and use up leftover chicken by adding it to the Fettucine Alfredo. Stir leftover sausage into Five Cheese Ziti to satisfy the meat lovers in your family. How will you make it your Michelina’s?