There it is, that little jar of Hoisin Sauce you bought for a Moo Shu Chicken recipe that turned out to be a flop…now what do you do with it?
What about those Panko Bread Crumbs that you tried on your Chicken Parmesan, and your family said they preferred it with regular bread crumbs…what a waste to throw them away.
And then there’s some weird spice you can’t even pronounce, and you don’t remember why you bought it…there has to be something you can use it for!
Good news, you can now do a recipe search by the ingredients you have…oh what fun!
I’ve checked out some free websites that all work on the same premise…enter the ingredients you have and search recipes. Try all three sites, and choose the one that works best for you.
- SuperCook.com – find recipes using only the ingredients you have, so you really will save a trip to the store.
- RecipeMatcher.com – finds recipes using at least one of your ingredients. You can also narrow your search by favorite cuisine.
- MyFridgeFood.com – start your search by filling out a simple checklist of ingredients.
- Dinner Spinner App – yes, there’s even an app to help you discover recipes with ingredients you have!
What are the benefits to cooking with ingredients you have?
- You won’t waste food like the Hoisin Sauce or Panko Bread Crumbs…ahhh rejoice!
- You might get to take a week off from grocery shopping…woo hoo!
- You have a great opportunity to clean out your pantry, refrigerator and freezer…learn how!
FYI…looks like I’ll be making Hoisin 5-Spice Chicken to use up my ingredients!
Let’s make this your week to skip grocery shopping, save money, clean out the pantry and discover new recipes!