Pineapple Walnut Bread
Crushed pineapple, walnuts, cinnamon and carrots are found all over this simple and yummy bread that you can serve to your family. Pineapple caramelizes giving this bread the moist texture and savory taste. Please family and friends with slices of it.
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar substitute
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1½ cups grated carrot
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- Non stick cooking spray
- Put the walnuts in a food processor to chop finely. Place butter in a large bowl and use electric mixer to beat the butter on high speed for less than a minutes.
- Gradually add sugar and restart beating until two ingredients are blended well together.
- One at a time, add eggs and start beating in low speed after every addition. Using rubber spatula, gently mix the cinnamon and pepper.
- Place the carrots and orange zest and blend well to combine the flavors well.
- Add the baking powder, flour and salt in a sifter. Sort through using a separate bowl. Mix the flour mixture with the egg mixture.
- Put non stick cooking spray on 2 loaf pans and add butter as well.
- Switch on the oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 25 minutes or until the top becomes golden brown. You may also check by pocking toothpick into the center.
Serving size: 1 slice of bread Calories: 154 Fat: 6 g Saturated fat: 3 g Carbohydrates: 23 g Sodium: 60 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 2 g