Southern Baked Macaroni and Cheese
If you're looking for a homemade macaroni and cheese recipe like grandma used to make, this is it! Spice it up by using different cheeses like Pepper Jack!
- 16 oz. box elbow macaroni
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (reserve 1 cup for the top)
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ stick of butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare macaroni according to instructions on box.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add 3 cups of cheese, milk, eggs, butter and cream cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
Tomorrow, The Budget Diet will feature Best Macaroni and Cheese! If you’re looking for a creamy macaroni and cheese, don’t miss it!