This recipe also works well with boxed macaroni and cheese, poured into a casserole dish and baked. We recommend either Annie’s Organic Shells & White Cheddar Mac and Cheese (you can get a pack of 12 boxes inexpensively) or the original Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner (pack of 5 boxes).
- 16 oz. box elbow macaroni
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (reserve 1 cup for the top)
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ stick of butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare macaroni according to instructions on box.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add 3 cups of cheese, milk, eggs, butter and cream cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
Note: If you need a good casserole dish, We recommend the Pyrex Basic Glass Baking Dishes. They’ve been making bakeware and the good old casserole dish since practically since baking was a thing!
Tomorrow, The Budget Diet will feature Best Macaroni and Cheese! If you’re looking for a creamy macaroni and cheese, don’t miss it!