Colorful and Full of Flavor Tomato, Avocado and Black Bean Green Salad
Black beans already have protein and fiber but when it is mixed with several veggies and fruits, you have a nutritious and tasty meal your family or friends will crave for. I am sure you won’t get enough of this salad as the variety of its ingredients provide unique tastes to your diet. You can substitute any veggies or fruits depending on what’s available in your kitchen. It will still be appetizing.
- ¼ head of iceberg lettuce
- ¼ head of red cabbage
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into large pieces
- 1 tomato, chopped into large pieces
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced length wise
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped into large pieces
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed
- 3 radishes,halved
- A few sprigs of fresh parsley
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 handful of shelled sunflower seeds
- Put everything in the bowl apart from avocado.
- Mix them well, then put several cuts of avocado on top and finish it off with your favorite sauce.