- your favorite pizza crust* homemade, store bought
- olive oil to brush on crust
- garlic salt to sprinkle on crust
- 1 can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 4 oz. feta cheese crumbled
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup black olives or kalamata olives sliced
Brush pizza crust with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt.
Lightly bake pizza crust at 425 for 10 minutes.
While the crust is baking, prepare the hummus by combining the garbanzos, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor and pureeing until smooth.**
Add salt to taste.
Spread hummus on lightly baked crust.
Sprinkle with feta and mozzarella.
Top with diced tomatoes and olives.
Bake at 425 for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.
*My favorite pizza crust starts as a ball of dough that I buy at my grocery store for $1 - ask at your deli counter or check the freezer section! **If you want to take a short cut, purchase an 8 oz. container of hummus. Of course, The Budget Diet way is homemade - cheaper and tastier!