Pizza is my favorite food, and I love experimenting with different toppings! Mediterranean Pizza is a delicious combination of hummus, feta, tomatoes and black olives!
- your favorite pizza crust* (homemade, store bought)
- olive oil (to brush on crust)
- garlic salt (to sprinkle on crust)
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ cup black olives or kalamata olives, sliced
- Brush pizza crust with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Lightly bake pizza crust at 425 for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the hummus by combining the garbanzos, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor and pureeing until smooth.**
- Add salt to taste.
- Spread hummus on lightly baked crust.
- Sprinkle with feta and mozzarella.
- Top with diced tomatoes and olives.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.
*My favorite pizza crust starts as a ball of dough that I buy at my grocery store for $1 - ask at your deli counter or check the freezer section! **If you want to take a short cut, purchase an 8 oz. container of hummus. Of course, The Budget Diet way is homemade - cheaper and tastier!