by Kristl on September 5, 2012
Author: Kristl Story, TheBudgetDiet.com
It’s easy and budget friendly to make your own granola bars…even better, you’ll know exactly what’s in them. These homemade chewy granola bars will cost less than $2 for 18 bars. You likely have the ingredients in your pantry, so what are you waiting for? Bake a healthy lunch snack for your kids today!
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup raisins, craisins, chocolate chips, M&M’s, nuts, flaxseeds or whatever you like.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Press into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes and cut into rectangles.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
recipe adapted from Kroger