by Kristl on November 24, 2011
|Love Those Leftovers – Thanksgiving Shepherd’s Pie||
Recipe type: Entree
Author: Kristl Story, TheBudgetDiet.com
Serves: 6 – 12
Rather than putting away your Thanksgiving leftovers in lots of little containers, assemble this Thanksgiving Shepherds Pie, and you can just pop it in the oven over the weekend for a quick and easy dinner. Thanksgiving Shepherd’s Pie has become a tradition that my family looks forward to each year! You’ve got to love those leftovers!
- Remember, amounts do not matter! This recipe is designed to use up your leftovers!
- Mashed Potatoes
- Turkey (cut up in bite-sized pieces)
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Gravy, optional
- It’s easiest to assemble this as your putting away the leftovers. Instead of filling lots of little containers, just prepare Thanksgiving Shepherd’s Pie!
- Grease a 9 x 13 casserole pan.
- Press stuffing on the bottom
- Top with mashed potatoes.
- Top with turkey.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready for a quick and easy dinner.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes covered and 5 minutes uncovered. Cooking times and number of servings will vary depending on the thickness of your “pie.”
- Optional – top with leftover gravy when serving.