Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
Easy recipe for BBQ Pulled Pork - throw a few ingredients in your crockpot this morning, and it will be ready by dinnertime. No slaving over a hot stove!
- 3 lb. boneless pork roast or pork shoulder (very inexpensive if you buy them on sale!)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 12 oz. can Dr. Pepper
- 2, 18 oz. bottles of your favorite BBQ sauce (my family likes Cattleman's Kansas City BBQ)
- Buns for serving
- Put roast in crock pot.
- Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper.
- Pour Dr. Pepper and 1 bottle of BBQ sauce on meat.
- Cook on low 6 - 8 hours. Note: Meat is done when it shreds easily using the back of a spoon.
- Drain and return to crock pot.
- Using the back of a spoon, shred the meat in the crock pot.
- Add the other bottle of BBQ sauce.
- Reduce heat to warm until ready to serve.
- Serve on buns.
If you're serving BBQ Pulled Pork for your Super Bowl Party, use small slider buns and this recipe will easily feed 12.