Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Is there anything more comforting than a warm chocolate chip cookie? Yes...a warm slice of Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie with ice cream and homemade hot fudge sauce! It's easier than making a batch of chocolate chip cookies, and it's a great recipe to take to a new neighbor or new mom! The ingredients are pantry staples...just keep a frozen pie crust on hand!
- 1, 9" frozen deep dish pie crust (unbaked)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)*
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy - about 2 minutes.
- Beat in flour, sugar, dark brown sugar and butter.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake 55 minutes or until almost set. The center will still be soft when it is done, and it will firm up during the cooling process.
- Let cool 1 hour before serving.**
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and my homemade hot fudge sauce!
*If you're not a fan of Chocolate Chip Cookies with nuts...skip them! **If this pie cools for more than 1 hour, it will still be deliciously gooey! recipe adapted from Nestle Toll House
Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe