Have you ever received poor service at a restaurant? Did you complain about the service?
Have you ever had a store clerk speak rudely to you? Did you complain?
Some people feel like it’s not polite to complain, but a legitimate complaint should help improve quality and service, and it might earn you a freebie! Think about it, if nobody tells the restaurant that their fish is overcooked, how will they know? If you need a little encouragement to help spark that complaint letter, read on!
- A few weeks ago, I ordered 5 cheese pizzas from Domino’s to be delivered for a party.
- Estimated delivery time was 40 minutes.
- After an hour of waiting, I called, and they said the pizza had just left the store.
- I waited 20 more minutes, still no pizza.
- I called again, and they realized that our pizzas were marked for carryout and had been sitting there for quite some time!
- They promised they would get our pizzas to us in 10 minutes…just before the end of the party.
- The pizzas arrived just as the parents were coming to pick up the children.
- Once the pizza saga was over, I called the manager to make sure he was aware of the situation, and he was.
- He did not offer anything other than a simple, “I’m sorry,” so I asked if he could offer me a discount on my next order.
- I now have a store credit for 6 FREE pizzas!
Don’t be afraid to speak up! It’s your right to complain, but it’s also your obligation to praise exceptional service!
Image courtesy of basketman / FreeDigitalPhotos.net