Join Hollywood celebrities and take the 2013 Live Below the Line Challenge issued by the Global Poverty Project.
Here’s how it works…spend just $1.50 a day on food and drink and do it for an entire week! According to the Global Poverty Project, that’s the equivalent of extreme poverty.
Do you think you can do it?
You could always survive on Ramen Noodles for a week, or you could…
- Ditch the drive-thru.
- Try tap water instead of bottled water.
- Say bye, bye to Starbucks!
- Eat rice and beans…frugal, filling and full of protein! Try my Black Beans and Rice Recipe.
- Try some new frugal recipes…Migas (poor man’s eggs), Taco Soup and Bean Burritos.
- Go veggie for the week to save money.
- Give up prepared foods, it’s time to cook from scratch and save money.
- Plan your meals, make a grocery list, clip coupons and compare prices. This might be the week to try The Grocery Game, Inc.since they help you combine coupons with sales for huge savings plus they’ll tell you about a few free items each week.
- Quickly plant a garden! It’s the frugal way to enjoy fresh fruits and veggies.
Please leave a comment to let me know if you plan to take the Live Below the Line Challenge, and please share your frugal meal ideas.
In full disclosure, this post contains affiliate links to help support The Budget Diet girl! My advice will always be unbiased and free, but free won’t pay the bills! Thanks!