Ready to save money? Grab your student ID and take advantage of discounts on computers, movies, shopping, food and more.
Need Techie Stuff? Student Discounts for Computers and Cell Phones
- Apple – College students always get discounts on Apple products! Right now, buy any Mac and get a $100 App Store gift card or buy an iPad and get a $50 App Store gift card.
- Dell – Buy a select PC for $699 or more and get a $200 promo gift card to use toward the purchase of an Xbox.
- HP – 20% off and free shipping.
- Microsoft – Special student pricing is available from Microsoft.
- Cell Phone – Most cell phone providers offer student discounts ranging from 5% – 15%.
Freetime? Student Discounts for Movies and More!
- AMC – Student discounts available on Thursday nights.
- Cinemark – Discounts days and times vary by location.
- Library – Think beyond books because most college libraries have a huge selection of movies available.
- Museums & Performing Arts – Check your local museums and performing arts venues for discounts.
Are You Hungry? Student Discounts for Food! – These discounts aren’t automatic, so don’t forget to ask! Discounts may vary by location, so call first.
- Arby’s – 10% off.
- Buffalo Wild Wings – 10% off.
- Burger King – 10% off.
- Chick-Fil-A – free drink with purchase.
- Chipotle – free drink with purchase.
- Dairy Queen – 10% off.
- McDonald’s – 10% off.
- Subway – 10% off.
- Waffle House – 10% off.
Shopping Day? Student Discounts for Shopping!
- Ann Taylor – 20% off regular-priced merchandise.
- Banana Republic – 15% off regular-priced merchandise.
- J. Crew – 15% off regular-priced merchandise.
- The Limited – 15% off regular-priced merchandise.
But wait, there’s more!
- Auto Insurance – Most insurance companies offer a good student discount, so get the grades and save! Allstate offers a 20% discount for a “B” average, and Geico offers 15%.
- Newspapers – The Wall Street Journal offers a 75% discount for students, and The New York Times will give you a 50% discount.
- Amazon – It costs $39 a year to get Amazon Prime for students, and my Texas A&M son says it’s a must! Amazon Prime members enjoy free 2-day shipping (no minimum), instant access to 40,000+ movies and tv shows plus free books from the Kindle owners lending library! By the way, he buys most of his textbooks from Amazon!
Get in the habit of asking for a student discount and looking in the school newspaper for coupons. My son recently found coupons for 2 free college t-shirts and 1 pair of flip flops in a student publication!
Do a college student a favor and share this article with them!
Image courtesy of stock images/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net
In full disclosure, this post contains affiliate links to help support The Budget Diet girl! My advice will always be unbiased and free, but free won’t pay the bills! Thanks!