If you’re a stay at home mom, you’re likely spending lots of time volunteering at school! Just like at home, you’re probably asked to do more with less! Good news, little or no budget is required for these Teacher Appreciation Events! Just let your volunteers know EXACTLY what you need, and they will provide!
1. Welcome Back Breakfast or Lunch Themes: Back in the Saddle Again (cowboy décor) OR It’s a New School Year – Dive Right In (scuba décor and sub sandwiches).
2. Muffin Mania: A delightful assortment of muffins for the faculty & staff to enjoy!
3. Pie Day: Ask volunteers to send in pies in November! The traditional pumpkin and pecan are great, but encourage cream pies, fruit pies, chocolate pies – homemade or store bought!
4. Cookie Exchange: Volunteers do the baking and the teachers do the taking! Ask teachers to bring a container to collect their cookies in.
5. Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate: Celebrate Valentine’s with a day of chocolate! Chocolate cakes, chocolate candy, chocolate pies, chocolate cookies, white chocolate, dark chocolate, everything chocolate!
6. Mardi Gras: King cakes, beads and gift cards for the teachers that get the baby!
7. Oscar Party: Popcorn, candy & cokes! Have teachers fill out an Oscar Ballot, and the person that has the most correct answers wins a movie theatre gift card.
8. Ice Cream Sundaes: Buy the ice cream, and ask volunteers to donate all sorts of toppings! Hot fudge, caramel, strawberries, bananas, nuts, sprinkles, oreos & more!
9. Build Your Own Nachos: Ask a grocery store to donate ground beef, and ask volunteers to donate shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, jalapenos, salsa, sour cream, black beans, black olives, guacamole, etc.
10. Teacher Appreciation Week: Cruise theme with an event each day! Smoothies & leis for welcome aboard, Key Lime Pie for the port of Key West, games & prizes, chips & salsa for the port of Cozumel and a dessert buffet!
Do more with less this school year!