Does your family have any back-to-school traditions? Maybe shopping for a new first day of school outfit or making a special treat for the first day of school lunch? Think of family traditions as inexpensive little ways to create lasting family memories…no matter how silly the tradition, it will be remembered for a lifetime!
If you don’t have any back-to-school traditions, here are some ideas from Budget Diet readers to inspire you:
- Making a special breakfast on the first day of school
- Hosting an ice cream sundae party the week before school starts…it’s a chance for friends to get together and see who’s in their class this year
- Going out for ice cream after the first day of school
- Taking a picture by the front door, so we can see how much they’ve grown each year
- Writing a note and putting it in their lunch box
- Inviting classmates to a pool party before school starts
- Attending a mother/daughter back-to-school fashion show
- Baking cookies for my teacher
Family traditions are cheaper than any toy that your children might be begging for, and that tradition will still be remembered when that toy is long forgotten!
Please let me know your back-to-school traditons!
Have you checked The Budget Diet’s freebies page today?