Staying home this summer? Need ideas for summer fun?
Don’t let your children spend hours watching TV & playing video games!
Mom…it’s your job to plan some budget friendly summer fun at home, and The Budget Diet girl is here to help with budget boredom busters!
- Start a summer tradition of having sundaes on Saturday! Traditions equal memories later in life!
- Family Game Day…pick a board game out of the closet to play!
- Family Puzzle Day…why is it that most families only work puzzles at Christmas time? Help your family tackle a puzzle this summer!
- Taste Test…here’s a fun dinner idea! Prepare different brands of frozen pizza & ice cream, eat & vote for the family favorite! The taste test can be done with all sorts of foods, so you can have a taste test every week! Make sure to always add a money saving store brand to your taste test, click here to learn why!
- Water Painting…it’s painting without the mess! You’ll need a bucket of water, a big fat paint brush & then let your child have fun “painting” the fence, the driveway or the picnic table!
- Cooking School…teach your children to cook! Have a “cooking school” in your kitchen one day each week, and let your children choose the recipes! If you don’t have a children’s cookbook, a trip to the library is in order!
- Craft Day…teach your children to knit or embroidery. How about starting a scrapbook? There are endless craft project to keep little hands busy!
- Plant a garden! Fruits & veggies just might taste better when your children plant & harvest them!
Budget Boredom Busters
Please click on the title of this article to let me know what you have planned for budget friendly summer fun at home?