You don’t need to hire an expensive interior designer to make your home look like it jumped of the pages off Better Homes and Gardens. You just need to follow these 10 simple diy decorating tips. Yes…you can do it yourself!
10 Simple diy Decorating Tips for $100 or Less!
- Copycat Decor – When you’re flipping through magazines, cut out pictures of your favorite rooms and then duplicate the look for less! Garage sales, flea markets and consignment shops are a budget decorators dream!
- Rearrange – Remember how much fun it was to rearrange your bedroom when you were little? Have some fun and refresh a room by simply rearranging the furniture. It’s FREE!
- Paint – A coat of paint is an inexpensive way to change the look of a room! Thanks to new software programs, most paint stores can take a photo of your room and show you how it will look in different colors…what fun!
- Pillows – Add new throw pillows to your sofa or bed for a cozy and welcoming addition. Try Homegoods, T.J. Maxx or Marshalls for great prices!
- Knobs & Pulls – Change your cabinet knobs and drawer pulls in your kitchen and bathroom for an instant update!
- Lamps – Add a lamp to your kitchen & bathroom counters for nice change from the harsh overhead lights. Every room looks better in lamp light!
- Candles – Fill your empty fireplace with pillar candles for a beautiful glow without the blazing heat! Even better, try the battery powered candles!
- Baskets & Trays Add a tray or small basket to your coffee table to collect remotes.
- Flowers – Pick fresh flowers from your yard to brighten any room…a fun activity for children! Don’t forget about blooming branches or gorgeous greenery!
- Treasure Hunt – Dig through your cabinets and discover a great accessory waiting to be shown off. Do you have a beautiful silver pitcher that could be filled with flowers? How about some old books that you can stack on a table or in a window sill? Take a look, I’ll bet there are some treasures in there!
Get started on your diy home decor today! Please leave a comment to share your favorite budget decorating tips.