Make Your Own Cookie Cake!
My teens love to celebrate almost everything with a Cookie Cake, so this make your own cookie cake recipe is a favorite. The taste and the price can't be beat. The decorations...well, I'm a bit challenged in that department! This Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake recipe will cost less than $4 to make compared to $20+ from the store. Make your own cookie cake for any celebration.
- Cookie Cake:
- 1½ sticks butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- food coloring (optional)
- sprinkles (optional)
- Cookie Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 10" springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar and sugar on high for 3 minutes.
- Mix in egg and vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat on low until combined - the dough will be very thick!
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press into the springform pan.
- Bake 18 minutes or until the edges a lightly brown.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk on high until smooth.
- Add desired food coloring(s).
- If you have cake decorating bags and tips...go for it!
- If you don't have any cake decorating tools or abilities, use a zip top bag with a small hole cut in the corner. My swirls are easy peasy and pretty! Sprinkles are another festive and easy way to decorate!
Recipe adapted from TheGirlWhoAteEverything.com