Fudge Pie - It's another frugalicious and fast recipe from The Budget Diet, and it's the perfect Valentine's dessert! Fudge Pie is frugal because it's made with ingredients that we almost always have on hand! Fudge Pie is fast...30 minutes total preparation and baking time! If you need to satisfy your chocolate craving make a Fudge Pie! Totally indulge by serving with ice cream and hot fudge!
- 1, 9" frozen pie crust, unbaked, do not thaw (do not buy deep dish)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs 1 minute.
- Add flour, sugar, vanilla, melted butter and melted chocolate and beat until combined.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool 1 hour.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and homemade hot fudge sauce to serve.
For an extra dose of decadence, drizzle with The Budget Diet’s homemade hot fudge sauce!
“All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt!” (Lucy in Peanuts, by Charles M. Schulz)