Crock Pot Fajitas
Fajitas are a family favorite, but grilling isn't always an option on a busy weeknight. This recipe for Crock Pot Fajitas means your family can enjoy fajitas anytime! Make it frugal by using frozen chicken tenders from Costco ($17.99/6 lb. bag) and The Budget Diet's homemade taco seasoning. The taco seasoning recipe can be found by clicking on the recipe tab above.
- 8 frozen chicken tenders (not the breaded tenders)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or 1 package taco seasoning
- 8 fajita size flour tortillas
- assorted toppings (shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream)
- Place frozen chicken tenders, onion, bell pepper in crock pot.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Pour salsa on top.
- Cover and cook 3 hours on low or until chicken is done.
- Fill tortillas with fajita meat and let everyone add their favorite toppings.
- Note: whenever preparing a crock pot recipe for the first time, check it often! Your crock pot may cook much faster or slower than mine. Once you figure out the proper cooking time for your pot, don't forget to make a note on this recipe.