The infographic above is your answer! According to the Centers for Disease Control, we eat more than we used to…a lot more! For years we’ve been super-sizing our diet, gorging at all you can eat buffets, and our poor little stomachs have grown accustomed to wanting more food. Maybe it’s time to downsize our diet!
There’s a new app called 80 Bites that is designed to help you downsize your diet and shrink your stomach. That’s right, all you really need is 80 bites a day and no more than 25 bites per meal! When the folks at 80 Bites asked my to try their app, I was excited, but a bit worried that 80 bites just wouldn’t be enough.
After 2 weeks, I’ve learned that…
- 80 bites really is plenty!
- I don’t have to deprive myself of my favorite foods…whew!
- I need to slow down and savor my food…when you only get 25 bites per meal, sit down and enjoy them!
- This app makes me think twice about mindless grazing.
- Putting down my fork and taking a sip of water between each bite is important…eating is not a race!
- Quantity matters, and it’s a lot easier to count bites than worry about calories, fat grams, forbidden foods and points.
- Downsizing my diet helped downsize my grocery bill…eat less, spend less.
- You really can shrink your stomach!
- Simply reducing the number of bites also reduces the number on the scale…how simple is that?
The premise behind 80 Bites is stomach space, and if you want to shrink your stomach…take fewer bites! Of course, the 99¢ app comes with plenty of tidbits and factoids for encouragement!
Once you have a smaller stomach, you’ll eat less food, save more money and weigh less.
Think of the 80 Bites app as a “pedometer for your mouth!”
Learn more about 80 Bites on Facebook.