With enough enthusiasm and a pinch of creativity, you can turn your home into a stylish living space. We have some excellent ideas for easy and cheap DIY projects you can try out at home. These lovely decorations are fun to make and they look absolutely fantastic. Take a look!
DIY Jewelry Racks
A jewelry rack is not only useful but quite stylish as well. Use your earrings and necklaces as decorations in the best possible way. You can use anything from doorknobs to towel racks to make jewelry organizers. Our favorites are those made from old coat hangers. Here are two excellent ways to adapt these ordinary household items into stylish decoration:
Wooden Coat Hanger Jewelry Organizer
All you need is an old hanger and some small hook pegs that you can screw into the wooden portion. Here are the main steps to get this adorable jewelry rack:
- Take an old wooden coat hanger. Feel free to decorate it any way you want. Let your imagination roam free. You can paint it or wrap it in colorful fabric to make it more vivid.
- Screw in the small pegs. You may not even need a hammer for this because they are made to go in easily.
- Hang your new organizer in your room and place each necklace, bracelet and earring separately. You will never have to waste time looking for them ever again!
Wire Jewelry Rack from Coat Hangers
Turn basic wire coat hangers into an extraordinary jewelry rack. Be creative and develop your very own design and the results will be outstanding! Here are the steps to follow:
- Gather your old metal coat hangers and have a wire cutter ready.
- The hooks on the hangers will be the base of your organizer, so make sure you use at least three hangers to make it steady.
- Pull on the base of the hanger to straighten the wire and use the wire cutter to divide into two portions. They don’t have to be equal, you get to decide.
- Twist and tangle the wires as you wish to get a stylish design.
- Finally, twist the edge of the wires into hooks for your jewelry and you are done!
Bed and Pillow Covers
Make your home a cozier place with these amazing DIY bed and pillow covers. While this is a slightly more complex project than the jewelry racks, you are going to have a lot of fun with it. Furthermore, these stylish bedding ideas from will make your bedroom the warm and peaceful place you’ve always dreamed of. Here are two attractive bedding ideas that you can try out:
No-Sew Floral Duvet Cover
Make your classic white linen look more exciting with a no-sew floral pattern. All you need is a printer, iron-on transfer paper, an iron, and a pair of scissors. Find the exact pattern you want on your bed cover and follow these easy steps inspired by @ to get a lovely duvet cover:
- Print the pattern you want to use on iron-on transfer paper.
- Iron the duvet bed covers to get a smooth surface.
- Place the transfer paper with the image directly against the cloth.
- Iron it thoroughly for at least 3 minutes.
- Lift the paper and your classic bed covers will be brilliantly revitalized.
- Put patterns according to your taste.
Adorable Bed Cover with Happy Tassels
Add some color to your bedroom with this adorable bed cover with multicolored tassels. We recommend you use plain colored bed covers for this one so that the tassels stand out. Here’s what you need to do:
- Make your yarn tassels first. Use as many colors of regular yarn as you want.
- Roll the yarn around a notebook. You need at least 10 full loops to have a large enough tassel. Wrap it tightly at the top. Make sure to leave enough yarn to tie it to the bed cover. Cut the edges evenly and you’ve got yourself a tassel.
- Use your scissors to make small holes in the bed cover. You can make them as close to each other as you like.
- Tie the tassels to the bed covers and you are done.
As you can see, it is very easy to make your home more stylish with the right ideas. These DIY design hacks can make your home look absolutely fantastic. Adapt them to suit your style and let your creativity roam free.