Interesting question with an interesting answer.
According to a recent survey by RetailMeNot and All You Magazine…the answer is: YES!
4 out of 5 people said they would continue to use money-saving shopping tactics even if money were not a concern. They would continue to look for sales, shop clearance racks and use coupons. I’m convinced that once you learn how to avoid paying full price, it’s hard to change no matter how much money you have! According to All You editor, Nin Wildorf, “For American women, finding deals – and squeezing the most value out of your day – is a source of pride and joy.
The Budget Diet’s Top 5 Money Saving Shopping Tips
- Try Garage Sales and Thrift Stores First – Break your habit mall shopping, and learn to love garage sales and thrift stores. If the item I’m looking for can’t be found secondhand or if I’m shopping for a gift, stores like TJ Maxx and Homegoods are my second choice. If I must shop retail, I employ the money saving shopping strategies below.
- Shop with Discounted Gift Cards – Buy Discounted Gift Cards For Up To 30% Off at Cardpool.com! Nobody will know you didn’t pay full price, so take advantage of this easy way to save money on shopping and dining.
- Don’t Forget Coupons – Thanks to mobile coupons, it’s not too often that we have to kick ourselves for leaving a coupon on the kitchen counter. My favorite coupon app is RetailMeNot – you can search for both in-store and online coupons. If you’re using a coupon in-store, the cashier will scan it right from your phone. Ahhh…the wonder of technology.
- Earn Cash Back – If you’re shopping online, sites like Ebates will pay you cash back for your purchases. It sounds too good to be true, but I’ve been doing it for years, and I love getting my quarterly big, fat check in the mail from Ebates. P.S. – You’ll get $10 just for signing up for Ebates!
- Use Multiple Money Saving Shopping Tactics – Guess what? You can use a discounted gift card on a sale item, and if the store allows you might be able to use a coupon too…cha ching, cha ching.
What are your favorite money saving shopping tips, and if money were no object…would you still be a savvy shopper?
image courtesy of Nutdanai Arikhomboonwaroot, FreeDigitalPhotos.net