Homemade Dog Treats
These homemade dog treats will rival those from an expensive fru-fru dog bakery, and you can make them for a fraction of the cost! If you or your kids like making cut-out cookies...you'll love making these, and Fido will love the finished product!
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup rolled oats
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix with your hands.
- Roll out on a floured surface to about ½" thick - I cheated and just pressed out my dough.
- Use cookie cutters to make fun shapes.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325º for 20 minutes.
Thanks to Jen (a loyal Budget Diet reader) for sharing this recipe!