by Kristl on March 30, 2010
Recipe type: Cake
Author: Kristl Story, TheBudgetDiet.com
It’s always cheaper to bake, and if you’re looking for the perfect, pink cake recipe…here it is! Little girls love pink, and little girls will love this Strawberry Cake with pretty pink Strawberry Frosting! I made this cake for my Girl Scout Cooking Badge in third grade, so the degree of difficulty is SUPER EASY!
- Cake Ingredients:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 small box strawberry jello
- ½ cup frozen sweetened strawberries, juice too! (thawed)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 4 eggs
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- ½ cup frozen strawberries, juice too! (sweetened)
- Cake Instructions:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together cake mix, strawberry jello, ½ cup strawberries, vegetable oil, water and eggs on high for 3 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 9″ x 13″ pan or 2, 8″ round pans
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
- Frosting Instructions:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together powdered sugar, butter and the remaining ½ cup of strawberries until smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake.
Your pink cake is ready to impress at your daughter’s next birthday party!
Remember: Bake It, Don’t Buy It!