A Mall Scavenger Hunt Party is perfect for teen girls! It’s as simple as picking teams (we had 3, 3 person teams chosen by a random drawing), setting the rules and sending them off with a Mall Scavenger Hunt List.
The only preparation was a 1 hour trip to the mall to come up with the scavenger hunt list, and I’ve already done that fun part for you!
These Mall Scavenger Hunt ideas should get you started…just make a quick trip to your mall to make sure you have the stores that I’ve listed in parentheses.
Mall Scavenger Hunt Party
- The Mall Scavenger Hunt Party will last 2 hours with a break after the first hour for dinner.
- Meet us at Sbarro or food court after 1 hour. Every minute your team is late will cost you 1 point.
- Every item is worth 1 point.
- All team member must stay together, splitting up will result in a 5 point penalty each time.
- No running.
- You may not get more than 1 item from a store.
- Be polite!
- If you try something on, make sure to put it back!
- Call or text us if you want answers to any questions or problems.
- The team with the most points will get first choice for prizes! The prizes are all scavenger hunt items that you’ll be purchasing during the event.
Mall Scavenger Hunt List
In planning a I divided the Mall Scavenger Hunt list into 3 categories: shop, seek, snap!
Shop: you’ll have a total of $40 to buy these items, so spend it wisely! Everything you purchase will become a prize at the end of the party, so purchase items you really like!
- A chocolate bunny (Godiva, Dylan’s Candy Bar)
- A piece of jewelry with an Eiffel Tower on it. If there’s an Eiffel Tower + other things…that’s fine! (Icing, Claires, Charming Charlies, Wet Seal)
- Sunglasses from a store that starts with the letter “A” (Aeropostale)
- Flavored lip gloss (Bath & Body Works)
- Anything with a cat or dog on it.
- ketchup packet
Seek: collect and bring these mall scavenger hunt items in your shopping bag! I gave each team a reusable shopping bag & a small ziploc for the edible samples.
- Lost receipt
- A free sample of something cinnamon flavored (Cinnabon)
- A Starbucks cup
- A perfume sample (any department store or Bath & Body Works)
- A straw with a wrapper that is not all white
- A tiny ice cream sample spoon
- A take-out food menu
- Business cards
- A mostly pink shopping bag (Victoria’s Secret)
- A French fry (you cannot buy it!)
- Wedding registry printout (most department stores)
- Chocolate sample
- A hanger
- Employee application
- A piece of toilet paper
- Birthday Card
Snap: use a cell phone camera to snap some photo of the following:
- 3 stores in which the first letter is not capitalized
- Have 1 member of your hunt party to put on a pair of high heels and take a picture.
- A naked mannequin
- A pink teddy bear
- The fruitiest store in the local mall (Apple!)
- 1 member of your team getting their eye make-up done
- Toy store
At the end of the hunt, we returned home to tally the bonus points and enjoy cake. The team with the most points was given first choice of the items the girls shopped for, second place = second choice, third place = third choice. After this, the remaining items were given away in a drawing.
Best party ever according to my 13 year old daughter!
Please leave a comment to share your scavenger hunt ideas for a Mall Scavenger Hunt Party.