Last Updated on by
Looking for a festive theme to jazz up your next cookout or happy hour?
Need a great idea for a fun adult birthday party?
Two words…Jimmy Buffett! His lyrics dictate the perfect adult party. A Pirate looks at 40 would be a great theme for a 40th birthday or how about Cheeseburgers in Paradise for a summer get together? You could even host a Margaritaville Happy Hour!
Invitations – so many clever and inexpensive options!
- Print the party details on colorful paper, use scissors to “fringe” the edges and add flip flop foam stickers.
- Hand deliver Dollar Store flip flops with the party details attached.
- Tuck a pirate’s eye patch in the envelope for A Pirate looks at 40 Party.
- Take a trip to the Dollar Store and look for an inexpensive trinket to include with your invitation. They’ve been known to have $1 margarita glasses that would be fun to hand deliver with the invitation tucked inside.
- Cheeseburgers in Paradise with a fixins bar (ketchup, mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions and jalapeños)
- French Fried Potatoes
- Key Lime Pie or Key Lime Cookies
Drinks – remember, it’s 5:00 somewhere!
- Beer iced down in a large galvanized tub
Music – do you even need to ask?
Decorations – start by looking around your house for anything tropical or be achy. Don’t forget to grab a few stands of colorful Christmas lights to hang on your party patio! If you live near a beach, take advantage of this ideal free party setting.
Did I miss any fun party lyrics?
In full disclosure, this post contains affiliate links to help support The Budget Diet girl! My advice will always be unbiased and free, but free won’t pay the bills! Thanks!