Is Pizza Night a a tradition in your family?
Maybe it’s every Friday night.
Maybe it’s homemade pizza.
Maybe you throw in a movie or a board game.
If you don’t have a family pizza night, maybe it’s time to start a tradition. The Budget Diet girl likes to think of traditions a inexpensive little ways to create lasting family memories.
Family Pizza Night Ideas
- Make it a Standing Date – Pick a day, any day and every single week you’ll have an evening that everyone looks forward to. Fridays are ideal for many families because it’s a great way to kick-off the weekend.
- Try Homemade Pizza – Get everyone involved in making the pizza and try different recipes each week. The possibilities are endless…Deep Dish Pizza, Veggie Pizza, White Pizza, BBQ Chicken Pizza, Personal Pizza on Flatbread. Let everyone take turns choosing a recipe, get messy in the kitchen and have fun!
- Opt for a Grocery Store Pizza – If you’re a busy working mom, attempting homemade pizza week after week might be enough to squash this Family Pizza Night tradition, so opt for a budget friendly pizza from the grocery. Try Aldi for inexpensive, gigantic deli pizzas like Supreme, Sausage, 5-Cheese, Pepperoni and Ultimate meat. Did I mention these pizzas are BIG and cheap? The prices range from $4.99 – $5.99, and one pizza will be plenty for a family of four. You’ll be able to get adventurous as Aldi introduces their specialty deli pizzas this fall – Italian Meat ($5.99, available 10/15), Four Meat ($6.99, available 11/12), Philly Cheesesteak ($6.99, available 11/12), Mega Meat ($5.99, available 12/3), Sausage and Pepperoni ($5.99, available 12/24) and Meat Trio ($5.99, available 12/24)
- Do Delivery or Take-Out – Obviously, the least budget-friendly option, so promise The Budget Diet girl that you’ll always seek out the best deal and a coupon. Little Caesar’s is consistently the most affordable of the pizza chains, but they don’t deliver.
- Add a Movie, Game or Craft – After the pizza is gone and the dishes are done, bring on the fun! Change it up each week or let everyone take turns choosing the activity for the night. One week it might be Candyland, the next week you might be making homemade greeting cards or maybe everyone just wants to kick up their feet and watch Frozen.
Please leave a comment to share your Family Pizza Night ideas, and you’ll be entered to win a $25 Aldi gift certificate. One winner will be chosen at random on Friday, October 24th. The contest is over…congratulations Aimee!
This article was sponsored by Aldi, but all the ideas are 100% mine!