It’s Friday, and it’s Lent, so how about an easy meatless egg casserole for dinner?
Egg Puff Casserole Recipe
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cottage cheese any type - low fat, small curd, full fat
- 4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese or a shredded Colby-Jack
- 7 oz. can chopped green chiles
- salsa for serving
Beat eggs until fluffy.
Whisk in the whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
Stir in the cottage cheese, cheese and green chiles.
Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350º for 35 minutes or until set.
Serve with salsa.