Crock Pot Red Beans and Rice
- 1 lb. dried red beans
- 1 lb. smoked sausage sliced in 1" pieces turkey sausage, Andouille sausage or no sausage...it's your choice!
- 2 green bell pepper diced or use 1 cup of frozen chopped bell pepper
- 1 onion diced or use 1 cup of frozen chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves minced or 1 tablespoon of dried minced garlic
- 1 T. Tony Chachere's creole seasoning
- 2 cups rice cooked
Combine all ingredients (except rice) in a crock pot.
Add 7 cups water.
Cover and cook on high 7 - 8 hours or until beans are tender.* (Crock Pot cooking times vary, so start checking your beans after 4 hours.)
Serve over rice.
*Crock Pot cooking times vary greatly, and your beans may be done in as little as 3 hours! Start checking your beans after 3 hours and make a note on your recipe with the exact cooking time for your crock pot.