It’s a new year, and a new diet. My annual New Year’s resolution is to lose those holiday pounds, and I think the holidays began for me with Halloween candy!
What’s my goal?
- 1 month
- lose 10 lbs. (yes, it’s humanly possible to gain that much over the holidays!)
What’s my plan?
It’s called Cinch, and I’m hoping that’s exactly what it is!
I’m not a big fan of paying for diet programs when there is so much information available, and when I have my husband to do my weekly weigh-ins! I am a fan of the latest and greatest diet book, and this year it’s Cinch, by Cynthia Sass.
Cinch jump starts your metabolism and cleanses your body by beginning with a 5-day, 5-food fast forward program. You’ll lose up to 7 lbs. – woohoo! So, for 5 days I’ll be eating various combinations of spinach, plain fat-free yogurt, almonds, raspberries and tofu or eggs…that’s it! I can do anything for 5 days except eat plain yogurt, so I’ve taken the liberty to use my 1 allocated raw sugar packet to make my plain yogurt “pucker-proof”! After the first 5 days, it’s 4 meals a day and plenty of freedom to choose your favorites for the next 25 days! Simply look at the Cinch food lists and choose a produce, whole grain, lean protein, plant based fat (like olives & avocados…yummy!) and SASS (slimming and satiating seasonings) for each of your 4 meals. It gets even better, 1 piece of dark chocolate (50 – 100 calories) each day!
My first impressions of Cinch after day 1…
- Thrilled that their are no calories to count, and the plan is easy to understand!
- A little worried about giving up sugar substitutes! My past diets have always been Splenda happy!
- Oh so excited about a daily dose of chocolate!
- Happy to find a diet that offers vegetarian (that’s me!) and vegan options!
- Pleasantly surprised that my stomach isn’t growling!
- Relieved to discover that Cinch is based on healthy, whole foods…no prepackaged junk!
- Eager to try the recipes – especially the Fresh Mozzarella Basil “Pizzalad” and the Black Bean Tacos with Cilantro-Jalapeno Guacamole!
- Terrified of life without my salt shaker!
- Interested to see if Cinch can really curb my sweet tooth!
- Looking forward to a flatter belly in just 5 days!
- Cynthia’s a brilliant woman since she equates diets to budgets!
- Can’t wait to step on the scale after day 5 – check back Saturday for an updated Cinch report!
To learn more about Cinch and author, Cynthia Sass:
- Tune in to The Rachael Ray Show tomorrow (January 5th, 2011)
- Cynthia’s bio
- Cynthia’s weight loss bio
- Cynthia Sass on twitter
In full disclosure, this post contains affiliate links to help support The Budget Diet girl! My advice will always be unbiased and free, but free won’t pay the bills! Thanks!