There’s more to saving money than just finding the sales. Don’t get me wrong…I love a good sale, but think of it as your starting point. There are so many ways to save money on Christmas shopping, and the key is to take advantage of all of them together!
Follow these rules, and I promise you’ll save money shopping.
- Try to buy a discounted gift card for the store you’re planning to shop. Let’s pretend we’ll be doing a lot of Christmas shopping at Kohl’s this season. Good news, you can buy Kohl’s gift cards for 15% off, and you’re the only one who will know you didn’t pay full price! Buy Discounted Gift Cards For Up To 30% Off at Cardpool.com!
- If you’re shopping online, look for discounted gift cards with “ecodes”…these can be redeemed online.
- When your discounted gift card arrives, don’t go shopping right away because there’s a strategy! Save your gift card until there’s a big sale and a coupon.
- The same rule applies to online shopping…wait for a sale and a coupon code! Ebates.com is your go-to site to find the best sales and coupon codes plus you’ll earn cash back on every purchase!
- If you use a credit card responsibly, shop with a rewards credit card to earn cash back or points.
Let’s do the math and look at the savings.
Shopping Scenario – Toy Shopping
- The $50 Remote Control Toy Car your son wants is on sale for $35 at Kohl’s.
- There’s a $5 early bird shopping coupon in the newspaper, so now the Remote Control Toy Car is only $30.
- You bought a $30 Kohl’s gift card on Cardpool.com for only $25.50.
- When you bought the gift card, you paid with your 2% cash back credit card, so you pocketed 50¢!
- End result? You paid $25 for a $50 toy!
Shopping Scenario – Online Shopping
- Your husband’s been eyeing a new fishing pole at Bass Pro Shop, so you snatched up a $100 discounted gift card at Cardpool.comfor only $87.
- The gift card arrives, and you head straight to Ebates.com and discover a coupon code for free shipping and 4.5% cash back. That’s another $4.50 saved.
- The savings don’t end there because you also earned 2% cash back with your rewards credit card!
- Oh my goodness, you just paid $80.86 for a $100 fishing pole…not bad!
Don’t you feel empowered with your new shopping strategy!
Fill your cart with deals this Christmas and fill your wallet with savings.
Happy Shopping and Saving!
Image courtesy of Imagery Majestic / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
In full disclosure, this post contains affiliate links to help support The Budget Diet girl! My advice will always be unbiased and free, but free won’t pay the bills! Thanks!