Pancake & Syrup Recipe
|Pancake & Syrup Recipe||
Recipe type: Breakfast
Author: Kristl Story, TheBudgetDiet.com
It’s Fat Tuesday and Pancakes are tradition! Have you ever made homemade pancakes, not from a box? Try this easy pancake recipe and you’ll never go back to the box! Of course, pancakes need syrup, and homemade syrup is frugalicious and fast! Have you priced store bought syrup lately??? It’s over $3 a bottle, and this recipe will cost about 25-cents!
- Pancake Ingredients:
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups milk
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Syrup Ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon butter extract
- Pancake instructions:
- Combine self-rising flour and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine egg, milk, cream cheese and butter in a small bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Pour ¼ cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased or nonstick griddle.
- Cook until tops are covered with bubbles and edges appear cooked; turn and cook the other side.
- Syrup instructions:
- Heat all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Cool slightly.
- Note: homemade syrup is thinner than store bought, and soaks into the pancakes!
Pancake recipe courtesy of Southern Living