by Kristl on December 12, 2010
It’s day 7 of The Budget Diet’s 12 Days of Cookies!
|Key Lime Cookie Recipe||
Recipe type: Cookie
Author: Kristl Story, TheBudgetDiet.com
Serves: 4 dozen
Key Lime Cookies are a refreshing change if you don’t want to bake something chocolate! They are wonderful at a Christmas cookie exchange, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter or a Jimmy Buffet party!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⅓ cups Bisquick (original, not light)
- green food coloring, optional
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon grated Key Lime peel
- Beat butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy.
- Stir in Bisquick, food coloring, white chocolate chips and lime peel.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes at 350. Cookie should not brown on the edges!
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Tomorrow’s recipe on The Budget Diet’s 12 Days of Cookies is White Chocolate Cranberry Bars.