Need a great gift idea for your girlfriends? Pamper them with a DIY Aromatherapy Neck Wrap that’s just like the fancy wraps they give you at the spa.
Have a sick friend? They’ll love an Aromatherapy Neck Wrap.
Did your daughter hurt her ankle playing soccer? The DIY Aromatherapy Neck Wrap is the ideal shape for a neck, but it will conform to any injured body part plus the rice inside the wrap produces a warm, moist heat.
Now you have two choices:
- Buy a wrap and spend at least $15!
- Make your own in less than 5 minutes and spend about $2 – $3!
If you’ve been following your frugal lessons, I bet you chose option #2. Now let’s get to work!
What you’ll need:
- 1 tube sock or knee sock – Target has some really fun and cheap socks or I love these from Amazon.
- 1 lb. dry white rice – approximately 2 1/2 cups. If you’re mass producing these, I suggest buying a gigantic bag of rice!
- essential oil – My personal favorite is Lavender, and it’s available from Whole Foods or online from Amazon.
- Mix together the rice with 20 drops of your essential oil.
- Using a spoon or a funnnel, fill the sock with the rice, leaving enough room at the top to tie a knot. Don’t stuff it to the top…the rice needs room to move, so it will shape to your neck!
- Attach a gift tag with instructions.
- Instructions: Using a microwave, heat for 1 – 2 minutes. The first time, heat in 30 second intervals until you determine the heating time for your microwave. Wrap around your neck or use the wrap to soothe any sore muscle.
How’s that for a festive and frugal gift?
P.S. – Don’t forget to make one for yourself!
Relax and enjoy!
Need more festive and frugal homemade gift ideas? The Budget Diet girl is at your service!
P.S. – These projects don’t require fancy supplies or Martha Stewart skills plus they take just minutes to make!
Chalkboard Flower Pot
Coconut Sugar Scrub
Create a Cookbook (this one will take a little time, but once you make the first one, they’re easy to mass produce!)
Frame Free Printables
Gingersnap Body Scrub
No Sew Scarves – made with t-shirts!
Personalized Tote Bag
Vinyl Record Bowl
In full disclosure, this post contains affiliate links to help support The Budget Diet girl! My advice will always be unbiased and free, but free won’t pay the bills! Thanks!